Mexican Tomato Scrambled Eggs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, run through a press
- 2/3 cup tomato puree
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 corn tortillas
- fresh parsley or cilantro
- pickled jalapeños
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat, add in garlic and sauté until golden for about 1 minute. Add tomato puree; season with salt to taste and cook on low for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk eggs, milk, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Increase heat to medium-high heat; pour in eggs into the skillet. Stir constantly to scramble the eggs with tomato until fully cooked, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Serve immediately with warm tortillas, parsley or cilantro, and pickled jalapeños.
No tortillas? No problem! These Mexican huevos con recaudo are also very nice when served with a fresh baguette sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds and lightly toasted.
What others are saying
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Made these tacos for breakfast today and really liked them! The flavor of the pickled jalapenos was a nice bite against the creamy avocado and tomatoes. I even added some chorizo to mix. Yummy!
Laura Griffin says:
These were super yummy! I didn't serve them with tacos, but instead ate them with a side of turkey bacon. It was really good, I can't see myself making eggs any other way now.