Vegan Apple & Cinnamon Donuts
- Apple Doughnuts:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 9 tablespoons warm water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, or as needed
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pan
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1½ cups unsweetened apple puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Mix the chia seeds with warm water in a large bowl; soak for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease two doughnut pans with oil and dust lightly with flour.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Stir sugar, coconut oil, and apple puree with the soaked chia seeds.
- Slowly mix about half the flour mixture into the chia mixture to incorporate before adding the second half of the flour into a batter; pour into prepared pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 13 to 15 minutes. Let doughnuts cool in pan for ten minutes.
- Brush coconut oil onto the doughnuts and sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar; store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
If no donut pan is at hand, feel free to use a muffin pan. They'll be called apple cinnamon muffins instead, but will be just as scrumptious! Keep watch, as they brown very quickly after 14 minutes!
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
These cinnamon apple donuts are incredible! This is the first batch I've made in my new pan. I can't believe how easy it was to prepare. Definitely my new favorite.
Sam Dalton says:
Glad to put my donut pan to use and make this recipe. Very good, very sweet. Nice cheat meal recipe.