Mushroom Pizza with Truffles
- Basic Pizza Dough:
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mushroom Pizza:
- 6 cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups oyster mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil
- Combine lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Brush large bowl lightly with olive oil. Mix 2 cups flour, sugar, and salt in processor.; add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons oil, process until the dough forms a sticky ball; knead dough with your hands for about 5 minutes. Form into a ball and transfer to a bowl covered with olive oil; cover bowl with a wet towel and allow dough to rise in a warm area for about 2 hours.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan on high heat for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable oil and heat for another minute. Saute the Oyster mushrooms in the pan on high heat, moving the mushrooms frequently until they are browned, for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Split pizza dough in half.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Split pizza dough in half.
- Using 2 small 9” pizza pans, spread about a tablespoon of olive oil to coat each pan. Form a ball with one half of the dough and spread out using your fingers. Push dough with your fingers until it reaches ends of the pan. If you are using a sheet tray, do not divide the dough in half. Spread the dough into a rectangular shape.
- Add mozzarella cheese. Spread it evenly. Scoop some ricotta cheese with a spoon and place on top of the mozzarella cheese.
- Place Oyster mushrooms over mozzarella cheese.
- Place Cremini mushrooms over Oyster mushrooms. Top with extra mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with White Truffle oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza in oven at for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crust is a golden brown color.
- Remove from oven and slice the pizza into eight pieces using a pizza slicer or a sharp knife.
Make your dough a day in advance and save your time in the kitchen. To plan ahead for future pizza parties, quadruple the dough recipe and divide into 4 balls. Wrap tightly in plastic and freeze. When ready to make pizza, let the dough slowly defrost in the fridge, then let come to room temperature.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
Really amazing mushroom pizza! I am a new fan favorite of black truffle. This was perfect, everything I could have hoped for and more! The dough also turned out great, first time making my own pizza dough!
Aja A says:
Had an Italian-style feast for dinner tonight and this pizza was a hit with my friends and I. I went to the market and shaved the one tiny black truffle I could afford to add more decadence to this already rich-tasting pizza. I held back a little on the white truffle oil due to the added black truffle. Love this so much!