Simple Chai Tea Latte
- 2 cups water
- 2 black tea bags
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, cracked
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch ground cinnamon
- Add water, allspice, cloves, cardamom, nutmeg ground, fresh ginger in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat; add black tea bags; steep for about 5 minutes covered.
- To make latte: bring milk, honey, and vanilla extract to a slight boil. Turn off heat and using a milk frother blender, blend until it’s frothy. If you don’t have a milk frother, use an immersion blender.
- Pour 1/2 cup of steeped tea using a tea small strainer, into a cup and add warm frothy milk; add a pinch of ground cinnamon.
Chai tea is known to have many healthy antioxidants, so drink up! To cut down on prep time, combine the spices ahead of time so they are ready to add to the water with the tea bags.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I'm obsessed with this chai tea latte, it is definitely one of my favorite drink recipes! Forget coffee, this is my cup of tea (pun intended). It's so spicy and flavorful!
Greg Jones says:
I've got to have my chai tea latte and I love that I can now make it at home, thanks to to this recipe. All of the seasonings are very aromatic. I make this recipe regularly now.