Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small baguette, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Coat tomatoes with the olive oil. Season with salt and place tomatoes on a paper lined baking sheet; roast in the oven for about 8 minutes until they soften.
- Stir lemon juice into the ricotta cheese; set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C). Place baguette slices on a tray in the oven; bake until they get toasty on one side. Flip and repeat on the other side. Keep an eye on the baguette since they can get brown fast.
- Remove baguette slices from the oven. Prepare each bruschetta by adding a spoonful of lemon ricotta and a spoonful of roasted tomatoes on top. Garnish each bruschetta with basil and mint to serve.
Vegan? Swap out the ricotta cheese for steamed and blended cauliflower. This would also be delicious with roasted stone fruit, like peaches or plums.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This bruschetta recipe is the perfect dish for summer parties. I've made this with and without the cheese, both are delicious.
Laura Griffin says:
I love bruschetta! I made this as a happy hour appetizer and served with martinis with my girlfriends. They loved it and were super impressed by how flavorful they were. Winning!