Quinoa-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers:
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ zucchini, diced
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 poblano peppers, halved and seeded
- Lime Crema:
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lime, zested
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(175°C).
- Stir water and quinoa together in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover pot and simmer until water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir the cooked quinoa, tomato, zucchini, onion, parsley, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; add goat cheese and stir gently to incorporate.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture into the pepper halves and arrange onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the poblanos have become tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir the sour cream, lime zest, lime juice, and salt together with a whisk in a small bowl; drizzle over the poblanos to serve.
If Poblano peppers are not currently in season or not available, try green or red bell peppers instead because they tend to be available in stores year-round. Leftover rice can be substituted for the cooked quinoa in this recipe.
What others are saying
Mary Sakowski says:
How do you cook this in the Mealthy Pressure cooker, this doesn't help at all & neither does the recipe book or the other things that came with the One Pot Mealthy.
Gary Myers says:
I love a nice spicy dish like the next guy, and this one does not disappoint. These peppers had a lot of flavor but were not too spicy. I will make a lot more of these when my garden peppers are ready this fall!
Laura Griffin says:
I love these stuffed peppers! Poblanos are mildly hot so it added a nice kick to this dish. I've really only ever used poblanos in Mexican cooking, so this reminded me of those same bold flavors. With that said, I opted for cotija instead of goat cheese crumbles. The lime crema was also really delicious. I really enjoyed it overall and am definitely going to make this again.
Greg Jones says:
These stuffed poblano peppers were great. I was hesitant about the quinoa at first, but surprisingly it was really good. I think it is my new favorite ingredient to cook with! I always usually make rice stuffed bell peppers so this was a nice switch.