Pickled Carrots and Daikon with Lime
- ½ pound carrots, shredded
- ½ pound daikon, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon coriander seeds
- 6 lime leaves
- Toss carrots and daikon with kosher salt; let sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse carrots and daikon with cold water, drain, and transfer to a small bowl; add lime leaves.
- Whisk hot water, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and coriander seeds together in a separate bowl until sugar is dissolved; pour over carrots and daikon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit until it comes to room temperature before refrigerating for at least 1 hour.
Fresh lime leaves can be found at many Asian or Latino markets or in well-stocked spice shops. As you master this recipe, feel free to experiment with different spices and seasonings. Try adding whole peppercorns, mustard seeds or fresh cilantro or dill.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
These pickled carrots and daikon were the perfect complement to the crispy tofu nuggets I made for dinner the other night. I love anything pickled, and this was no exception. So delicious and a ton of flavor!
Greg Jones says:
I recently got into canning, so this pickled carrots recipe was right up my alley. Simple, not a lot of fuss, and delicious afterwards.