Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte with Coconut Whipped Cream
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 shots strong espresso, or 1 cup very strong coffee
- Coconut Whip:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place large metal mixing bowl in the freezer.
- Stir together pumpkin, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until heated through and fragrant.
- Whisk milk and vanilla extract into the mixture until smooth. Warm until the mixture begins to gently bubble. Remove from heat.
- Use an immersion blender whisk attachment to blend milk mixture until frothy.
- Divide espresso between two mugs. Slowly pour the pumpkin milk mixture over the back of a large spoon into the mugs.
- Scoop the hardened coconut cream out of the can into a chilled mixing bowl along with the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Beat using an electric or hand mixer until fluffy. Place a dollop of coconut whipped cream onto each latte. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice over top.
Try agave nectar or honey instead of maple syrup for a different sweetener.
What others are saying
Tarragon Boi says:
This was a lot of fun! I love PSLs, and this was a good twist on it using the Coconut whip cream.
Sam Dalton says:
I made this pumpkin spice latte with 2 shots of espresso and it was perfect. I skipped the coconut whip, but made it later to go with pumpkin pie. I was really impressed with the consistency and flavor, it was like real whipped cream.
Jessica Scott says:
Did someone say skinny and pumpkin spice in the same sentence? This recipe is amazing. I can't start my morning without it!
Erica Schaefer says:
I subbed maple syrup for honey, which is my favorite natural sweetener. I also used one vanilla bean cut in half, and blended it with the milk mixture. It was really delicious, I can't wait to make again.
Alexis Pearson says:
I used espresso shots for this skinny latte! My favorite part was making the coconut whip. Even though you have to remember to put it in the fridge overnight, I prefer it over aquafaba for sure.
Gabe Marx says: