Greek Yogurt with Caramelized Figs and Pistachios
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 6 figs, halved
- ⅔ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons crushed pistachio nuts
- Stir the sugar and salt together in a small bowl.
- Melt butter in a small pan over medium-low. Stir the thyme with the butter.
- Dip the cut side of each fig half in the sugar and place into the butter. Cook until the figs have become tender and jammy, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Divide the yogurt between two bowls. Top yogurt with the figs.
- Drizzle honey over the figs and yogurt and top with pistachios.
Use vanilla ice cream instead of yogurt for an even more indulgence. Just allow the figs to cool slightly before serving so the ice cream doesn't melt too quickly.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This was a really sweet, light dish that my wife and I made for a small gathering. We were worried that it would be too formal, but it was actually the most popular item at the party. Everyone asked for the recipe afterwards!
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Made this for a brunch with my friend and I and it was a great ending to the meal. Figs were delicious! The whole plate was just the right amount of sweetness!