- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen banana slices
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ tablespoon ground turmeric
- Blend almond milk, pineapple, banana, honey, chili powder, and turmeric in a high speed blender until smooth. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
Turmeric is considered an antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, and this smoothie is a great way to get it into your diet. You can eliminate the honey if you want to cut back on sweeteners; the pineapple and banana provide a lot of natural sweetness. Try making your own almond milk; blend 1 cup raw almonds with 2 cups fresh water in a high speed blender. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. That's it!
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This smoothie was really good. The turmeric and chili gave it a bold flavor, and the sweet honey and fruit was a nice contrast. I love how creamy it turned out too. I used to only use ice in my smoothies, but almond milk is a new favorite.
Laura Griffin says:
I was really surprised by this smoothie! I was a skeptic at first because of the turmeric and chili powder, but decided to try it because I wanted to incorporate more turmeric in my diet. It was actually really delicious and refreshing!