Quick-Pickled Peach and Burrata Salad
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 5 whole black peppercorns, or more to taste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup burrata cheese
- 2 tablespoons crushed pistachio nuts
- Combine vinegar, sugar, water, and salt in a large jar with a lid. Secure lid on jar and shake to dissolve sugar and salt; add peaches, ginger, peppercorns, and cinnamong stick to the jar and allow to sit undisturbed for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pile arugula into a large bowl; dress with olive oil and a few teaspoons of the pickling juice from the jar.
- Divide dressed arugula onto separate plates; top with dollops of burrata cheese and the pickled peaches. Garnish with crushed pistachios to serve.
Burrata is a semi-soft white Italian cheese made from both mozzarella and cream. The outside forms sort of a shell made of mozzarella, while the inside contains stracciatella and cream, giving it a decadent, soft texture.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
Really delicious salad. First time using burrata cheese, and I enjoyed it! The crushed pistachio nuts were the perfect addition.
Greg Jones says:
I made this salad as an appetizer salad for a date night with my wife. She was really impressed with the way it turned out, as well as the presentation. The pickled peaches are phenomenal. Definitely a favorite.