Curry-Spiced Granola with Coconut and Dates
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Spread oats in a baking dish.
- Toast in preheated oven until lightly golden about 10 minutes.
- Toss coconut flakes with the oats and continue to toast until the coconut begins to brown, about 3 minutes more.
- Transfer oats and coconut to a bowl; add dates, maple syrup, coconut oil, and curry powder and toss to mix; spread into the baking dish.
- Bake mixture in the oven until heated through, about 5 minutes; let cool completely before transferring to an airtight jar to store.
The coconut oil is optional. For the calorie-conscious, skip it altogether, as the coconut flakes are rich enough. Alternatively, use olive oil instead for less coconut flavor. For extra-golden granola, toss the oil with the maple syrup and dates before stirring into the oats.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This granola was different than anything I've ever tried, but it was really good. I added extra dates and syrup so that they'd be extra golden and clump nicely.
Laura Griffin says:
This curry-spiced granola is to die for! So sweet and savory. It was really quick to make and is perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Antwan Parsons says:
This granola is a hit with the kids for their school snack. Took a while to get used to the curry flavor but now its a regular request from them.