Greek Avocado Salad
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano leaves, divided
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 English hothouse cucumber, halved vertically, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted, halved Kalamata olives
- 1 large Haas avocado, ¼-inch cubed
- Whisk together vinegar, 1 tablespoon oregano, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking continuously until emulsified.
- Add cucumber, red onion, tomatoes, olives, remaining oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 10 minutes.
- Gently toss in avocado and serve immediately.
Add grilled chicken to make this salad a complete meal! English hothouse cucumbers have a thinner skin and much smaller and fewer seeds than the traditional cucumber. They don't need to be "de-seeded" and can be sliced and served just as they are!
What others are saying
Dom Clement says:
Tasty, tangy, and quick salad. This went very well with my grilled chicken kebabs. I sprinkled a little feta on top to round out this salad.
Greg Jones says:
Very good salad. After years of not like avocado, this is not probably one of my favorite dishes. The dressing is so good, I put it on everything.
frances thomas says:
This was a side dish for my grilled chicken pitas. I've never added avacado before and loved it! I topped with feta.
Stephanie D says:
Great salad! We tossed grilled shrimp in it for a light dinner. Definitely will make this again. The only thing I might change for next time is adding another avocado.
Erica Schaefer says:
I paired this Greek salad with za'atar spiced chicken, it was amazing. I also used two avocados, instead of one. You can never have too much avo on a salad, am I right? Simple to throw together, even the homemade dressing.