Crustless Zucchini Quiche
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (Parmesan, asiago, fontina, and mild provolone cheeses)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- Preheat oven on 375°F (190°C). Prepare a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Mix zucchini, cheese, and parsley together in the skillet; season with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs and half-and-half together in a bowl; season with salt pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the zucchini.
- Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set, about 45 minutes.
Instead of grating the zucchini, try spiralizing it with the 2mm blade to get a more uniform texture to the vegetables. It will add a bit of texture to your quiche. If you'd like more nutrients, add 3 cups of baby spinach to the zucchini and cheese mixture and stir until wilted.
What others are saying
George Delamea says:
Zucchini and eggs go great together. Even better with some cheese. Add an excuse to break-out the cast-iron and I am sold. This is a great dish that tasted good even after it cooled to room temperature, so you could even take it on a picnic, I'd think, or even pack it in a work lunch.
Sam Dalton says:
I love zucchini and quiche, and was really pleased with how they worked together in this dish. We used a spiralizer and it worked well. This is definitely one of our favorite breakfast dishes. My co-workers ask me to make it all the time and bring it in to the office.
Ronald Steury says:
Tasted great. Mine was not quite done at 45 mins so left it in a little longer. (I hate runny quiche.) I didn't have half and half so made it from 1:3 proportion of heavy whipping cream and whole milk and that works fine.