Skinny Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup 1% milk
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 3 (skinny) zucchini, spiralized using flat ribbon blade, trimmed into 4-inch noodles
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
For best results, we recommend using:
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic for 30 seconds, until softened and fragrant.
- Whisk in flour until thick and nutty smelling, about 30 seconds. Slowly pour stock and milk into butter mixture, whisking constantly until smooth except for the specks of garlic.
- Whisk in cheese, salt and pepper until melted. The sauce will be very thick at this stage.
- Add zucchini ribbons and cook, tossing occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, until sauce is thickened and zoodles are almost tender.
- Stir in chicken to warm, about 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat.
- Transfer noodles to two bowls and garnish with parsley, Parmesan cheese, and freshly ground black pepper.
Want something more indulgent? Use heavy cream instead of the stock and milk.
What others are saying
Steve Failows says:
The spiralizer made the zucchini noodle prep so quick and easy - and this Skinny Alfredo sauce was delicious. The ribbon cut blade is perfect for this recipe and it leave plenty of surface area for the sauce to stay with your noodles.
Queen Foodie says:
Pretty tasty dish. I love this particular shape of the zoodles. It allows the sauce to really coat evenly for yummy every bite.
Grace I says:
Using my abundance of zucchini will be a breeze with these recipes. I loved the idea of cutting back on all the fat, but have to be honest, it's not the same. That's okay, it was tasty and I could have garlic bread on the side w/o feeling so guilty! Plus, it combined my veg and protein into a single dish - happy :)
Jessica Scott says:
Very good alfredo sauce! Loved making it from scratch, and you could definitely tell. The zucchini noodles are also perfect, can't ever go wrong with zoodles!
Stephanie D says:
You had me at skinny! I've been looking for healthy recipes that's not tofu! We used a rotisserie chicken and shredded the meat. So happy with the way it came out!