Chicken Pesto Zoodles
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 (skinny) zucchini, spiralized using flat ribbon blade, trimmed into 4-inch noodles
- 1 cup basil leaves, packed, plus more for garnish
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup cooked shredded chicken
For best results, we recommend using:
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini ribbons and cook, tossing occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the basil, garlic, pine nuts, extra-virgin olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the sauce and chicken into the zoodles and cook until warmed through, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat.
- Transfer noodles to two bowls and garnish with torn basil and Parmesan cheese.
Add cubed mozzarella and halved cherry tomatoes for a more filling meal! If you're vegetarian, simply omit the chicken. If you want to, make double the pesto and keep any extra in the refrigerator for up to one week. Pesto also freezes well for up to three months.
What others are saying
Erica Schaefer says:
I used store bought, pre-cut spirals that were cut like spaghetti noodles and they worked great. I also omitted chicken to make vegetarian, yummy! Easy recipe, especially the basil pesto. I will only ever make it from scratch now.
Leah M says:
I made spaghetti-like zucchini noodles instead of the flat ribbons, and it turned out great. This recipe is simple and easy with or without the shredded chicken, I've tried both ways. Next time I'll probably do shrimp. My spiralized zucchini has always turned out watery, but this method of warming them for a minute or two helps them keep their texture, which I love.
Jake Findlay says:
I doubled the pesto to save some in the freezer for the next month since I'm obsessed now! Definitely going to try the other 2 sauces in the video next week. Loved that the zoodles were warm, helped me miss real pasta a little less.
Queen Foodie says:
Who doesn't love pesto! No really who? I want meet them 😊 Personally I tripled the pesto because why not?! So good 🌿
Steve Failows says:
As far as zoodle recipes go this one is pretty tasty, next time I'll either make more pesto or use less zucchini noodles for a saucier dish. I'm looking forward to trying the other two sauces in the video. The skinny alfredo and also the sesame sauce look awesome.