One-Bowl Beer Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle lager beer
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Optional: 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely diced, 3 tablespoons sharp Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add beer, honey, and oil; stir until fully combined. Stir in the jalapeño and Cheddar cheese, if using.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean from the center, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Slice and serve warm.
- Store bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Don't be afraid to mix it up! Try adding 3 tablespoons each chopped walnuts and dried cranberries to the batter for a different take on this beer bread. Alternatively, mix in 2 tablespoons chopped green onions or chives and 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
So quick and easy! Delicious with chili.
Tal Levitas says:
Beer in bread, where's the yeast? I was surprised that this recipe worked so well. I made it a second time with a lot more jalapenos and even more cheddar. This may well be a staple and my family's future thanksgiving meals!
Sam Dalton says:
Beer and bread? Two of my favorite things. This bread is amazing, I can't get enough. Of course I had to use the jalapeño and cheddar! Definitely going to make this again very soon.
Alexis Pearson says:
I've not much of a baker, but this recipe was really simple. I was wondering how you could make bread from beer, but hello captain obvious, it's the brew. Such a great idea, and now one of my favorite recipes to make. The hubby loves it.
McKenzie C says:
Quick and tasty! I added a little sugar in place of honey because that's the only sweetener I had. I also added sharp cheddar, and it turned out perfect.