Spiralizer Potato Latkes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, halved and spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 yellow onion, halved and spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegetable oil, or as needed
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place spiralized potatoes and onion into the center of a clean towel or cheesecloth. Twist and squeeze towel to remove as much liquid as possible
- Mix potatoes, onion, breadcrumbs, and beaten eggs in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and stir with a fork.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 360°F(180°C).
- Shape latke mixture into ¼ cup patties.
- Fry latkes in batches until brown and crispy, about 4 minutes per side; drain on a plate lined with paper towel. Season latkes with salt and pepper to serve.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
I've been making a lot more latkes lately in place of recipes that call for a slice of toast. I have this in the morning with my eggs and sausage- sometimes turning them into sandwiches. Love these!
Katie Hason says:
These latkes were super easy to make with my spiralizer! Saved me so much time since I didn't have to grate the potatoes. I couldn't figure out why mine never turned out right before, but I realize using the towel to squeeze out the liquid is key to getting them extra crispy! These didn't last long at all at my house, everyone at them up!
Jessica Scott says:
Perfect for Hanukkah! I made these latkes for my brother's wife's family and they loved it. It was also a big hit with the kids!