Spiralizer Potato Latkes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, halved and spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 1 yellow onion, halved and spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup vegetable oil, or as needed
For best results, we recommend using:
- Place spiralized potatoes and onion into the center of a clean towel or cheesecloth. Twist and squeeze towel to remove as much liquid as possible
- Mix potatoes, onion, breadcrumbs, and beaten eggs in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and stir with a fork.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to 360°F(180°C).
- Shape latke mixture into ¼ cup patties.
- Fry latkes in batches until brown and crispy, about 4 minutes per side; drain on a plate lined with paper towel. Season latkes with salt and pepper to serve.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
Perfect for Hanukkah! I made these latkes for my brother's wife's family and they loved it. It was also a big hit with the kids!
Katie Hason says:
These latkes were super easy to make with my spiralizer! Saved me so much time since I didn't have to grate the potatoes. I couldn't figure out why mine never turned out right before, but I realize using the towel to squeeze out the liquid is key to getting them extra crispy! These didn't last long at all at my house, everyone at them up!
Aja A says:
I've been making a lot more latkes lately in place of recipes that call for a slice of toast. I have this in the morning with my eggs and sausage- sometimes turning them into sandwiches. Love these!