Open-Faced Turkey, Brie, and Mushroom Melt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices seeded store-bought or homemade sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon-style mustard
- 2 ounces sliced Brie cheese
- 4 sliced sliced deli turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh soft herbs (oregano, parsley, or cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sauté mushrooms until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard onto one side of each bread slice. Divide turkey, mushrooms, and Brie cheese between the two bread slices; place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until brie is melted and sandwich is warmed through, 8 to 10 minutes; garnish with herbs to serve.
Easily make these open-faced sandwiches vegetarian by omitting the turkey. The cheese still has plenty of protein. For a vegan sandwich, make a few simple substitutions: use olive oil instead of butter, sub your favorite vegan cheese for the Brie cheese, Vegannaise for the mayo, and of course skip the turkey.
You can use leftover turkey from Thanksgiving dinner... a great way to use leftovers!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
This turkey, brie, and mushroom melt is superb! The cheese was so melty and gooey, I absolutely loved it. The fresh herbs on top was the perfect touch.
Greg Jones says:
I love these mushroom melts! Perfect for a quick lunch. If you don't want them open face they're also really good as a traditional sandwich and on the panini press.