Open-Faced Turkey, Brie, and Mushroom Melt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 slices seeded store-bought or homemade sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon-style mustard
- 2 ounces sliced Brie cheese
- 4 sliced sliced deli turkey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh soft herbs (oregano, parsley, or cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; add mushrooms and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sauté mushrooms until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise and mustard onto one side of each bread slice. Divide turkey, mushrooms, and Brie cheesebetween the two bread slices; place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until brie is melted and sandwich is warmed through, 8 to 10 minutes; garnish with herbs to serve.
Easily make these open-faced sandwiches vegetarian by omitting the turkey. The cheese still has plenty of protein. For a vegan sandwich, make a few simple substitutions: use olive oil instead of butter, sub your favorite vegan cheese for the brie, and Vegannaise for the mayo.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
I love these mushroom melts! Perfect for a quick lunch. If you don't want them open face they're also really good as a traditional sandwich and on the panini press.
Katie Hason says:
This turkey, brie, and mushroom melt is superb! The cheese was so melty and gooey, I absolutely loved it. The fresh herbs on top was the perfect touch.