Pressure Cooker Cilantro-Lime Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 1 large pinch salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or more to taste
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, or more to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat oil in pressure cooker set to Sauté on Normal.
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until browned, 10 to 13 minutes.
- Stir quinoa, cilantro, and salt with the onion mixture. Pour vegetable broth and 1 tablespoon lime juice into the cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 1 minute on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork. Stir fresh cilantro through the quinoa; season with additional lime juice, salt, and pepper to serve.
If you don't have broth at your disposal, this recipe also works great with just water! This recipe calls for both dried and fresh cilantro. Dried cilantro offers a muted, almost herbaceous flavor while fresh cilantro offers a bright and crisp distinctive citrus-like flavor.
What others are saying
Patty Ladpli says:
Wow! This was my first recipe from Mealthy website and it turned out great! I doubled the recipe and mixed red and yellow onion for fun. Thumbs up!
Alex Hamilton says:
Delicious! Paired beautifully with grilled Trout. Added more salt and lime to perfection.
Kaylee Adams says:
This cilantro lime quinoa is one of my favorites. I've traditionally made it with white or brown rice, but this is more nutritious and a little different. I even got my kids to eat it. Also, I did use water instead of broth.
Jenny Cronin says:
It's hard to get the family into quinoa, but this was before I knew about this recipe. The lime and cilantro add such great flavor to a healthy alternative. It came out perfectly fluffy!
Greg Jones says:
The only way my wife can get me to eat quinoa is with this cilantro lime recipe. I made it for her initially, tried it for myself and am now hooked. The pressure cooker allows the quinoa to soak in all the incredible flavor from the lime and cilantro.
Jake Findlay says:
It's hard to get my partner excited about quinoa, but the lime and cilantro made for a great Mexican flavor base to top with chicken. + avacado.
Sam Dalton says:
I LOVED this dish! The lime and cilantro give great flavor to the quinoa, but what I loved most is how light and fluffy it turned out. This is the perfect side dish, and a nice switch from eating rice all the time