Lunchtime Avocado Toast with Turkey & Apple
- ½ avocado, pit removed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 (½ inch thick) slice rustic-style bread, toasted
- 1 slice Cheddar cheese
- 4 to 6 thin apple slices
- 2 leaves Bibb lettuce
- 2 to 3 slices deli-sliced turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon balsamic glaze
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder onto avocado. Mash avocado flesh with a small fork.
- Scoop avocado onto bread slice and spread evenly; top with cheddar cheese, apple slices, lettuce, and turkey. Drizzle balsamic glaze over the toppings. Sprinkle walnuts and cranberries over the glaze and toppings to serve.
Do you love avocado toast? Do you love Thanksgiving? This recipe is a great way to use holiday leftovers!
What others are saying
Tal Levitas says:
Big fan of this recipe, though be prepared to eat it open faced, it's too big and messy to eat.
Jessica Scott says:
I wish my mom packed me these turkey sandwiches when I was a kid! These are definitely the grown up version, so filling and delicious! My boyfriend is totally spoiled when I make him this, and of course, I add extra turkey meat!
Greg Jones says:
I love a good avocado toast! I'm not a fan of cranberries so I used pomegranate seeds instead. The cheddar, balsamic glaze and turkey go together very well. Good for a light lunch or after a workout for fuel.
Alexis Pearson says:
I always have a hard time finding "rustic style" bread, so I used plain wheat toast and it came out great. I also skipped the cranberries, they're not really my thing. Simple changes, delicious results!
Melissa Hunter says:
I used chicken sausage instead of turkey, and it was super delicious. I didn't do the cranberries or walnuts either, just the toast with avocado, sausage, and a fried egg with runny yolk in the middle. It was fantastic.