Dinner Avocado Toast with Chimichurri Steak
- 4 ounces flank steak
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 to 6 thin asparagus stalks, woody ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- ½ avocado
- 1 (½ inch thick) slice rustic-style bread, toasted
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- Season flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Warm olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook flank steak in hot oil until a golden brown crust forms on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn steak and cook for 1 minute before adding asparagus. Cook until asparagus are bright green and steak is medium-rare, about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and slice very thinly against the grain on a bias.
- Stir parsley, garlic, shallot, red wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, and red pepper flakes together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes onto avocado. Mash avocado flesh in its skin with a small fork. Scoop avocado onto bread and spread evenly.
- Arrange asparagus and 3 to 4 steak slices onto the avocado. Spoon the parsley mixture over the steak; top with crumbled feta to serve.
This is a great way to use leftover steak, if you ever have any. Just slice it thin and keep it cold. It will be delicious.
What others are saying
Janet Gainsley says:
Chimichuri on steak is my go-to but I never thought to put it over avocado toast. Killer combination.
Katie Hason says:
This avocado toast with Chimichurri steak is a real meal! I had this for lunch the other day and was thoroughly impressed. Everyone was surprised when I told them I made it at home. So good!
Greg Jones says:
Flank steak on avocado toast?! Crazy good. I had flank steak in the fridge and sliced it up to put on top. Really flavorful and hearty, and a good way to use leftovers. Also my first time having chimichurri. Impressive!
ThisDude LovesFood says:
What great delicious dish. I'm a huge fan of Chimichurri Steak and topping that on avocado toast is match made in heaven. Then again I would substitute asparagus stalks for something else in the future. Overall I happy with this dish.