Meal Prep: One-Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, sliced into thin ½-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
- ½ cup guacamole, or to taste
- ½ cup sour cream, or to taste
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Mix paprika, cumin, salt, garlic powder, pepper, coriander, olive oil, and lime juice together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Put onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and chicken on a baking sheet; pour the liquid mixture over the vegetables and chicken and mix with your hands to coat. Spread the mixture into an even layer on the sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the veggies are soft, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and let fajitas cool completely. Divide cooled fajitas between three two-compartment sealable meal containers; garnish each portion with cilantro. Spoon guacamole, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese into the second compartment of each container. Seal lid on containers and refrigerate for up to four days.
If you cannot wait to eat them for lunch, just warm a few tortillas while the chicken and vegetables cook and serve everything hot, directly out of the oven.
What others are saying
walter faulkner says:
where did you get the serving dishes? plan on trying the dish
J K says:
Really quick, easy and tasty :)
Sam Dalton says:
I made these fajitas for meal prep this week... let's just say they didn't make it to Friday because I ate it all. Such incredible flavor, I thoroughly enjoyed.
Jessica Scott says:
This chicken fajita recipe is better than what you would get at a restaurant! The meat came out the oven so juicy and flavorful. I would love to use this marinade again for other chicken recipes. The best part though is that it only took 30 minutes to make! Perfect for busy weeknights.
Caro Hodgin says:
love meal prep recipes. this is such a great one - mexican every day of the week!