Grilled Pear Salad with Sweet and Tangy Raspberry Vinaigrette
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large Bartlett pears, cored and quartered
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 10 ounces arugula
- 5 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Blend raspberries, ¼ cup grapeseed oil, maple syrup, vinegar, and cinnamon in a blender until smooth; cover and refrigerate while you prepare salad.
- Preheat grill to medium-high, 375˚F to 450˚F (190˚C to 230˚C).
- Brush 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil onto pears; place onto grill with cut-side down. Close grill cover and cook until grill marks appear, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from grill and slice lengthwise.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add pecans. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the pecans, toss to coat, and cook until slightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Plate arugula. Sprinkle pecans and goat cheese over the arugula. Arrange pear slices onto the salad. Drizzle dressing over salad to serve.
Arugula belongs to the mustard family, which is why the older leaves tend to have a peppery, slightly nutty flavor. At any stage, it is packed with vitamins and minerals. For another fun taste combination, try grilled peaches instead of pears.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
The raspberry vinaigrette was probably my favorite part of this recipe. I served it with pork loin and my family loved it. The grilled peaches were also really good, it's something we make every summer.
Katie Hason says:
Very yummy salad! The grilled pears alone were absolutely delicious. I bet it also tastes amazing with grilled peaches. Perfect summer salad, really enjoyable.