Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 dash salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Put macaroni, water, and a dash of salt in a pressure cooker. Seal lid and cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes; relieve pressure via quick-release valve.
- While pasta cooks, beat eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, chives, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir butter with pasta and water to melt. Pour egg mixture and almond milk over the noodles and stir.
- Stir Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses with the noodles in small batches, allowing each addition to melt completely before adding the next.
- If pasta appears runny, cook on Sauté until excess water is absorbed; season with salt and pepper to serve.
Mix your family’s favorite vegetables, like broccoli or carrots, into the mac and cheese for additional nutritional value! Try adding a teaspoon each dried parsley and dill weed with the egg mixture for an herbal flavor boost.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This was my first time trying pressure cooker mac and cheese. I didn't use all the seasonings it called for, just salt, pepper, and a dash of paprika. This was a good recipe that is very family-friendly. I ate it up quick!
kat satterfield says:
I used gluten free pasta and added some broccoli. I cannot believe how fast this was and no dirty pots! I did shredded mozarella instead of jack and loved how creamy it was, also loved that it used almond milk!
Jessica Scott says:
This mac and cheese is so creamy and delicious, our kids had second and third helpings! The only thing we substituted was the macaroni, we made it with gluten free noodles. The seasonings give it a cool, garlicky flavor, almost like ranch dressing mac and cheese. So good!