Pressure Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
- 3 pounds sweet (Fuji or Gala) apples (such as Fuji or Gala), cored and quartered
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir apples, apple juice, cinnamon, and salt together in your pressure cooker.
- Seal lid and cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- Relieve pressure naturally. Be patient as this can take up to 30 minutes. You'll know all the steam has dissipated when the valve falls back into place.
- For a chunky blend, simply stir the mixture vigorously to break the biggest pieces. If you prefer a smooth applesauce, transfer the mixture to a blender to puree.
- Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.
Applesauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 to 2 weeks. Try using ginger for a bit more of a bite, or a little pinch of cardamom for a more-exotic taste.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
Knowing how to make apple sauce is a must in my house. My kids love this recipe and we feel better about giving the this, versus store bought and processed apple sauce. Good enough for adults to eat too!
kat satterfield says:
Took the above suggestion to use light apple juice and am in love with this recipe. I never even thought of making apple sauce before I saw this--nonetheless in a pressure cooker! I added a sprinkle of cinnamon to half the batch and ginger to the other.
Jessica Scott says:
I've made one batch of this applesauce and now I'm obsessed! It's perfect for my kids, and I love that it doesn't have added sugar, with the exception of apple juice. I used light apple juice with no added sugar and it came out great. I will definitely be making this again and again!