Pressure Cooker Mulled Red Wine
- 3 cups fruity red wine, such as Merlot
- 1 large orange, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 orange wedges
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir red wine, orange slices, maple syrup, cloves, peppercorns, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, and star anise together in your pressure cooker.
- Seal lid and cook on High Pressure for 5 minutes.
- Relieve pressure to naturally. Be patient as this can take up to 30 minutes.
- Strain wine though a fine mesh strainer. Discard the spices. Ladle warm wine into mugs and garnish with ground cinnamon and orange wedges to serve.
If you’re in a hurry, you can also use the quick-release valve to relieve pressure from cooker; just be aware that the spices won’t be as strong. For festive flair, place an additional star anise into each glass.
What others are saying
Blakely James says:
Decorated the glasses with star anise and spiraled orange peel. This is perfect for the holidays, your guests will love it.
Kaylee Adams says:
Using the quick-release valve to relieve pressure was fine, I didn't notice a difference. Perfect for the holidays and entertaining. The citrus flavors were on point.
Ashley Melchiore says:
This was soooo quick!! I made this last year for a holiday party and it took hours. Loved the cardamom pods & black peppercorn for a little different flavor.
Aja A says:
Love this time of the year when I can make delicious mulled wine. This one was definitely interesting with the addition of black peppercorns. I enjoyed this and will continue to make this version each year. It's a drink that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
Jessica Scott says:
I've used this recipe twice already! The black peppercorns are a nice addition to this sweet, spicy, boozy drink. What I love most is that it's so quick and easy, making it the perfect drink for an impromptu dinner party.