Pressure Cooker Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes
- 1½ pounds mixed marble or baby potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- Pierce each potato with a small knife to prevent any blowouts when put under pressure.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker set to Sauté. Cook and stir potatoes, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and pepper in the oil until potatoes are browned and the mixture is aromatic, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the miso paste into the vegetable stock in a bowl to dissolve the paste; pour into the pressure cooker and stir.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 5 minutes on High Pressure.
- Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then set steam vent handle to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
Marble potatoes are any variety of young, tender potatoes. They are sweet with a buttery flesh and thin skin. Often referred to as baby potatoes because they are generally smaller and picked even earlier than new potatoes. Just be sure to pierce the potatoes with a small knife before putting them in the pressure cooker to ensure they remain intact throughout the cooking process.
What others are saying
George Delamea says:
I love rosemary on potatoes. It just so happens our neighbors have a very sturdy rosemary bush from which we are permitted to trim. I forgot to change my produce box, so we got potatoes (normally say 'no' to them for carb-y reasons) this week. Used elephant garlic instead of actual garlic. They were delicious. Great texture. Not too mushy. Loved 'em!
Jen the Mighty says:
I would have never thought to use miso paste with potatoes, and this is a revelation! So delicious and done in the pressure cooker in a snap.
Jessica Scott says:
These rosemary and garlic tomatoes are delicious! I love making this recipe with red potatoes. I swapped out vegetable broth for chicken broth, and served it with pressure cooker rosemary chicken. Definitely plan to to make this again!
Jake Findlay says:
I'd never used miso paste before and now am searching for all other recipes using it! These potatoes were done so fast and I loved the strong garlic flavor!
Jenny Cronin says:
This easy was an easy dish, but I added a little more garlic since I love everything super garlicky! I also subbed white miso paste for tahini and it was fab! I served this side dish with a chicken main and they paired really well together!
Sandra Bernard says:
My mom is vegan and lives with us so I am always looking for food that will fit her restrictions. This was easy to make, delicious, and everyone in the family found it to be a great dish! I substituted tahini and a little aminos for the white miso paste. It was a hit!