Spiralized Chinese Chicken Salad
- Peanut-Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 (½ inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ jalapeño pepper
- 1 lime, zested
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ green cabbage, spiralized using the flat blade
- ⅓ red cabbage, spiralized using the flat blade
- 1 English cucumber, spiralized using the 3mm blade and trimmed into 3-inch pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled, spiralized using the 2mm blade, and trimmed into 3-inch pieces
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chow mein noodles
- ¼ cup chopped salted peanuts
- 6 lime wedges, or as desired
- Blend ginger, garlic, jalapeño, lime zest, lime juice, grapeseed oil, vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, peanut butter, and honey in a blender until smooth. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Toss green cabbage, red cabbage, cucumber, carrots, chicken, cilantro, and mint together in a large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat; garnish with green onions, chow mein noodles, and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
You can use any neutral-flavored oil like canola, vegetable, or safflower oil!
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
The Chinese salad was really good. I always order a similar dish from a restaurant, but now I can make it at home! I love all the of the flavors, texture, and crunch. Five stars!
Jessica Scott says:
The peanut-lime vinaigrette is amazing! This is the perfect, super crunchy, light salad and the steps to create it are easy. My guests were so impressed and it was the talk of the party.
Katie Hason says:
I've tried this Chinese chicken salad and it's so delicious! The peanut lime vinaigrette is zesty and flavorful. I also love all the spiralized vegetables together with the chow mien noodles. Perfect for entertaining guests!
Caro Hodgin says:
Made this for dinner. It makes a HUGE salad! SOO YUMMY. Add more chicken for a heaftier meal, but this amount was perfect for me. This dressing is insanely good.
ThisDude LovesFood says:
What delicious and super easy salad to make! I could eat this all day. One thing I would do different is to leave out chopped salted peanuts, I think the dish has plenty of peanuts in it already. Overall great dish!