Maple Carrot Bread
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 carrot, spiralized with 2mm blade
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, or to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix spiralized carrot, mashed banana, egg, coconut oil, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl; add to the flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle walnuts over the top of the loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let bread cool in the loaf pan briefly before inverting onto a plate to slice.
Don't have whole wheat flour? Use all-purpose flour instead! Also, walnuts taste great, but you can use your favorite chopped nut.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
yum! i love these fall-y breads. perfect with a cup of coffee. love new ways to use my spiralizer.
Sam Dalton says:
This carrot bread was delicious and moist! It's a nice change from the usual zucchini bread. The cinnamon and nutmeg give it an overall warm spice flavor, but I especially love that it's infused with maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Greg Jones says:
I ate the whole loaf in about two days. Really good bread, and perfect for an on the go breakfast when I'm rushing to work and don't have time to make a full breakfast. I could eat this year round, not just Fall.
Leah M says:
I always have a hard time spiraling carrots, so I decided to use shredded carrots instead. This was a great recipe, and my bread resulted in a nice rise. Nothing worse than bread that sinks in the middle! I also mixed extra walnuts in the batter in addition to sprinkling on top. Nice crunch and texture!
Erica Schaefer says:
Instead of using whole wheat flour we did unbleached all purpose flour. I also used precut shredded (matchstick) carrots and almond milk instead of coconut milk. Delicious, quick, and easy!