Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into ¼-inch chunks
- 1 celery rib, cut into ¼-inch chunks
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken stock, divided
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 8 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat olive oil in a pressure cooker set to Sauté. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until softened and fragrant, about 3 minutes; add carrots, celery, thyme sprigs, and bay leaf.
- Pour 3 cups chicken stock into pan to deglaze, scraping the browned bits from the bottom with a flat-edged utensil; add the chicken.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing.
- Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 10 minutes on High pressure.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed allow pressure to release naturally for 7 minutes, then set steam vent to Venting to quick-release remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken breasts to a bowl. Remove and discard skin. Pick meat off the bones; discard bones. Shred meat with two forks.
- Press Sauté on pressure cooker.
- Return chicken to pot; add remaining 3 cups chicken stock and noodles.
- Bring the stock to a simmer and cook until noodles are al dente, about 10 minutes; season with salt and pepper to serve.
While egg noodles are traditionally used in this dish, comfort food means using whatever makes your taste buds happy. Use your favorite noodles and vegetables to customize this soup to your palate.
What others are saying
Leah M says:
Delicious soup. The thyme, garlic, and onion really add so much flavor! Do not skimp out on any of these simple ingredients. It's definitely one of my favorite comfort food dishes and easiest recipes to make in my Multpot.
Stephanie D says:
This was really delicious! The entire family loves it. I used boneless chicken so that it was easier to shred. Can't wait to make this again soon.
Katie Hason says:
Delicious recipe! Perfect, homemade chicken noodle soup. So easy and quick.
Laura Griffin says:
The only thing I changed for this chicken noodle soup recipe is that I used boneless, skinless, chicken breast and shredded the meat. This is a classic, straight forward soup recipe without all the fuss, thanks to using my pressure cooker. Perfect for cuddling up on a cold day, if you are sick, or just want some good comfort food that's easy to make. I add hot sauce to my bowl for some extra kick!
Sam Dalton says:
This chicken noodle soup was excellent. All you really need are carrots, celery, and a good stock. This recipe has all of these ingredients and some. The chicken was so tender, it just fell off the bones. The best part was that it took under an hour to make.