Sheet Pan Lemon-Thyme Salmon with Asparagus
- 1 ½ pound salmon fillet
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Lay salmon fillet onto a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange asparagus on both sides of salmon. Season salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, garlic, and thyme together in a small bowl; pour over salmon and asparagus. Arrange lemon slices over salmon.
- Bake in preheated oven until asparagus are tender and salmon is desired doneness, about 15 minutes.
To prep the asparagus, rinse the spears under cool water to remove any grit. Snap off the bottom inch or so using your fingers; the stems will naturally break where the tough woody part ends and the tender stem begins.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Probably one of my favorite salmon recipes to date! So easy to make and really good with the thick asparagus spears.
Sam Dalton says:
Salmon and anything is always a good combination, but this lemon-thyme flavor was superb. Super simple and delicious.
Greg Jones says:
This sheet pan salmon was really easy, and quick to make. I used both broccoli and asparagus for the vegetables. The lemon garlic seasoning and flavors was classic and delicious.
DC Cote says:
Made this the other night and it was amazing. Garlic, lemon, and thyme are definitely my new jam. I didn't have the long filet of salmon, so I just poured the mixture over the individual filets and baked in the oven for about 12-14 minutes.
Rachel Douglas says:
Really good recipe - 1 lemon was plenty for flavor. I'd actually probably use a little less for next time. The thyme was also really good! I've only ever used it for chicken, this was my first time using it for salmon. Yum!
Neida Valenzuela says:
This recipe is amazing. Super simple and very tasty!! Will definitely be making this again.