Pear and Arugula Salad with Maple-Dijon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bosc or anjou pears, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup glazed walnuts
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup together in a bowl. Slowly stream olive oil into the vinegar mixture while beating with a whisk to emulsify; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange arugula on a serving dish. Top with spiralized pears, blue cheese, dried cherries, and glazed walnuts. Drizzle dressing over salad to serve.
Be sure to choose firm pears, preferably Bosc or Anjou, when preparing this salad. They're easier to spiralize than pears that are very ripe. You could also try firm, tart apples such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp in place of the pears for a crisper flavor.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
I'm trying to eat better, and sometimes salads are just boring. However, this pear and arugula salad is really good. I usually have this with chicken and take for work. Easy and simple.
Nick Myott says:
This is definitely not a boring salad, and the idea to spiralize a pear is so cool! I just got me Mealthy Spiralizer and am obsessed with the blade settings. This was exactly the right thickness for the pears. This is a great salad for fall, love gorgonzola with dried cherrie and walnuts. I just toasted mine in the broiler for a few minutes to get that flavor out of them.