Strawberry-Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 large frozen banana, sliced
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoons orange juice, or more to taste
- 1 small banana, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons crispy quinoa or rice cereal
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pulse frozen banana, strawberries, and orange juice in your food processor to begin breaking down the fruit. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as needed. Puree at full power until smooth and creamy. Add more orange juice as needed to achieve your desired consistency; transfer to a bowl.
- Arrange the sliced banana, strawberries, cereal, cacao nibs, and almonds over the processed mixture to serve.
Alternately, use the chopper attachment of an immersion blender! Working in batches, place the banana, strawberries, and orange juice in the bowl of the chopper; pulse until fruit begins to break down, then blend until smooth.
Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to make this a complete meal-in-a-bowl.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
Smoothie bowls are my wife's favorite thing to eat during pregnancy. She craves this recipe all the time. She also adds extra cocoa nibs and almonds. Not your average smoothie, and way better than cereal.
Laura Griffin says:
My favorite smoothie of all time is strawberry and banana. This version is extra delicious. The chocolate, quinoa, and almonds might sound crazy, but they actually add a delicious texture. I substitute orange juice for apple, because that's what I had on hand. Very good!