Spiralized Sweet Potato and Parsnip Kugel
- 1 pound parsnips, spiralized using the 5mm blade
- 1 yellow onion, spiralized using the 3mm blade
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) with a 10-inch cast iron skillet inside the oven to also preheat.
- Toss potatoes, parsnips, onion, eggs, salt, and pepper together in a large mixing bowl; add 6 tablespoons oil, flour, and baking powder and mix to coat vegetables in batter.
- Remove skillet from the oven and grease with remaining oil. Pour potato and parsnip mixture into the skillet, pressing down and smoothing into an even layer with a spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven until the kugel is creamy in the center and the top is golden-brown and crunchy, about 90 minutes. Slice to serve on individual plates.
What others are saying
Julie Joseph says:
No amount of sweet potatoes listed, going to try 2 to 3 cut the same as the parsnips.
Laura Griffin says:
Very good kugel recipe. I've tried so many different variations, and this one is one of my favorites. I like the use of spiralized sweet potatoes and parsnip, as opposed to the traditional noodle or grated potato.
Katie Hason says:
The sweet potato flavor of the kugel was definitely the bright spot in this recipe. Never realized how easy it was to make a kugel casserole! The crunchy texture on the outside was perfect.