Pressure Cooker Pork Chops with Onion Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Pork Chops:
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless pork chops
- Onion Mashed Potatoes:
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Mix salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes together; rub onto pork chops.
- Put potatoes, onions, and stock into a pressure cooker. Lay pork chops atop the potatoes.
- Seal lid onto pressure cooker and cook on High Pressure for 15 minutes.
- Relieve pressure from cooker naturally.
- Remove pork chops to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Remove onion and potatoes to a large mixing bowl. Mash the potato and onion together; add butter and milk and continue mashing until smooth.
- Press Sauté on cooker and bring the liquid remaining in the pot to a simmer.
- Beat flour and cream together with a whisk to dissolve the flour; pour into the simmering liquid and cook until thick and bubbly, 5 to 7 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop potatoes onto a plate. Ladle gravy over the potatoes and top with a pork chop to serve.
When making the gravy in the MultiPot be sure to watch it carefully as it cooks. You want the gravy to lightly brown to develop flavor but not scorch or burn. For another great pork chop recipe, try our pressure cooker pork chops with apples.
What others are saying
Rhonda McDade says:
This was the first meal I cooked with my new Mealthy and we loved it! It was a little spicy for our family but the tenderness of the pork chops and wonderful flavor it imparted into the mashed potatoes was amazing. Next time i will cut down the amount of red pepper flakes but this is going to be a staple in our house!
Robin Acton says:
So good! I added a little dried rosemary to the gravy. Yum!
Bryan Krupinski says:
It was amazing just melted right in your mouth I would definitely recommend this recipe to others as well as definitely making this again
Barbara Rasse says:
Super easy and yummy! Our chops (pork loin boneless ribeye chop) were on the thinner smaller side, and they came out incredibly tender! We also used 6 medium-sized potatoes. The potatoes were easy to mash and came out very flavorful. We weren’t super crazy about the gravy, so we added some leftover milk gravy from a previous pork dinner and it turned out to be delicious! I will totally use this recipe for a busy weekday supper!
Jake Kelley says:
Super tasty. 10/10 would recommend.
Kimmee Waite says:
My chops were a little dry, but the mashed potatoes were AMAZING! I used 1 TBSP of butter and did 3 TBSP sour cream - just a personal preference! Yum!!
Blakely James says:
I thought the gravy was too thick, needed to thin it out a lot. Other than that, good recipe.
Garcia B says:
The thicker the chop the better though you may have to adjust the cooking time some. Ours were pretty thick. Great as a complete meal, all that’s missing are veggies.
Matthew Allan says:
The meal came out perfectly. The pork chops were moist and tender. I just used a Hidden Valley Ranch packet for seasoning. The potatoes and gravy were super flavorful!
Laura Griffin says:
Can't go wrong with mashed potatoes and gravy. I don't eat a lot of pork, but must admit these chops were very good. We went with a very thick cut, and it cooked nicely in the pressure cooker on top of the potatoes.
Katie Hason says:
These pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy were amazing! Reminds me of the recipe that my grandmother used to make when I was a kid. I love the convenience of cooking the chops and potatoes at the same time. I have yet to find another recipe that does it better than this!