Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Onion Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Pork Chops:
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 boneless pork chops
- Onion Mashed Potatoes:
- 3 large russet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mix salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes together; rub onto pork chops.
- Put potatoes and onions into the bottom of your slow cooker crock. Pour stock over the vegetables. Lay pork chops over the potatoes and onions.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- Remove pork chops to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Remove onion and potatoes to a large mixing bowl; mash together until no large chunks remain. Stir butter and milk into the mashed potatoes until smooth.
- Stir flour and heavy cream together with a whisk to dissolve the flour; pour into the liquid in the slow cooker.
- Cook gravy on High until thickened, about 15 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop potatoes onto a plate. Ladle gravy over the potatoes and top with a pork chop to serve.
Roasted garlic can add a nice richness to the potatoes.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
Really good pork chops. I went with a thick cut loin. Seasoned very well, a lot of great flavor. Also a big hit with the kids, who are really picky eaters.
Jessica Scott says:
Tried these in a pressure cooker, very good! This is real comfort food! The key to the gravy is making sure you whisk the cream and flour real good. Love it!