- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Hass avocados, thinly sliced
- 12 strips cooked thick-cut applewood-smoked bacon, crumbled
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Mix the romaine lettuce and iceberg lettuce together on a large, shallow platter; top with tomato, avocado, and bacon.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad to serve.
This BLT salad is best when tomatoes are at their peak. A beefsteak tomato is classic but if you want to branch out, look for heirloom varieties at your farmers market. Our favorites for this dish are the ones that are big, meaty, and good for slicing: Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, and Red October.
What others are saying
Caro Hodgin says:
Bacon salad!!! I love eating healthy-ish like this - sure, it isn't a kale salad with lemon juice, but it's better than the BLT sandwich alternative. A really delicious, simple salad. Everyone loved it.
Katie Hason says:
This BLT salad was fantastic! Just like the sandwich, but healthier. I especially loved the simple dressing, so good! The maple syrup was the perfect touch. Can't wait to make this again!
Laura Griffin says:
Such a delicious salad - quick, easy, flavorful, and convenient for meal prep. The thick cut bacon and avocado are a must. Very good!
Stephanie D says:
It doesn't get any easier than this! For something so delicious, this was such a simple salad to arrange. I love how quick the dressing is, and that it doesn't require a blender or any other special equipment. It's a perfect light dinner for the busy weeknights when I'm rushing the kids off to practices.
Melissa Hunter says:
I cooked two packs of bacon in the morning, just so I could save slices to make this salad later that day! The dressing can also be made ahead of time, I actually prefer it chilled. I just stir the maple syrup in right before serving. Also, I used strictly romaine lettuce. This was so easy to throw together!
Maple Rose says:
I LOVED IT!! And the dressing turned out amazing. I’ve used it on a few different salads as well 😋