Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Apple Filling:
- 4 cups chopped apples
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Oat-Crisp Topping:
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 (firmly packed) cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Toss apples and lemon juice together in your slow cooker crock.
- Dissolve arrowroot powder completely in apple juice in a small bowl. Stir cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and vanilla into the juice; pour over the apples and stir.
- Mix oat flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, and olive oil together in a bowl; sprinkle over the apples.
- Cook on Low for 4 hours.
- Turn slow cooker lid slightly so the crock is only partially covered; continue cooking until the topping begins to harden, about 1 hour.
Let this apple crisp recipe and your slow cooker fill your home with the aroma of apples and spices. The whole family will enjoy this traditional fall treat. Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream!
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This is my favorite apple crisp recipe! I can't believe we made this in the slow cooker. The apple filling was amazing, we are definitely making this again. It's easier than making apple pie, but has the same great flavors and overall indulgent experience when eating.
Laura Griffin says:
This apple crisp is so good! If you're trying to cut back on sugar you can probably skip the apple juice or use juice without any added sugar. This dish is really sweet and tastes great with ice cream.