Slow Cooker Beef and Apricot Tagine
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, patted dry
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 cup dried apricots, halved
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 star anise
- ¼ cup almond slivers
For best results, we recommend using:
- Put beef into a slow cooker; top with onion and apricots.
- Stir water, honey, cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, salt, ginger, allspice, and star anise together in a bowl; pour over the beef.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Toast almonds in hot skillet until just lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Ladle tagine into bowls. Sprinkle toasted almonds over the tagine to serve.
Serve with buttery couscous.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Very authentic-tasting stew! I wasn't able to find star anise so I used fennel seeds instead. I enjoyed this dish and it was really easy to make in the pressure cooker.
Greg Jones says:
We were gifted a tagine by a relative so decided to try this recipe. We found star anise at our local grocery store, it was our first time cooking with this ingredient. I really like the way this dish turned out. It definitely had rich flavor, a little spice, and great texture.