Slow Cooker Cuban Pork
- 1/2 cup sour orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch chunks
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, oregano, garlic, cumin, pepper, and salt together in a bowl; pour into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork shoulder to bag and seal, removing as much air from bag as possible. Massage bag to assure pork is covered in marinade; refrigerate at least 1 hour to overnight.
- Remove pork from bag and place into a slow cooker. Pour marinade from bag over the pork.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork to a cutting board. Break pork into smaller pieces with a fork.
- Skim fat from liquid in the cooker; discard fat. Serve liquid with the pork.
Serve this with rice and beans, in tortillas, or in a Cuban pressed sandwich.
What others are saying
Karen Mayhall says:
Loved it!! Perfect!!
Katie Hason says:
Really delicious, tender, slow cooker pork. I've made this a few times and served it with nachos, tacos, and I think pulled pork fries too. The cumin gives it excellent, authentic taste. Definitely one of my regular recipes on rotation!
Jessica Scott says:
This slow cooker Cuban pork was very good! I had mine with black beans and brown rice. It also makes a lot, so perfect if you have some friends over. They will be super impressed with your skills!