Meal Prep: Roasted Fall Veggie Salads with Lemon-Tahini Dressing
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 7 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 2 cups 1-inch butternut squash cubes
- 8 ounces red cabbage, cut into ½-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 (packed) cups mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange squash pieces in a line down the middle of the prepared baking sheet. Spread red bell pepper into one corner of the prepared sheet. Working counter-clockwise, arrange broccoli, cabbage, and shallots into remaining quarters of the sheet. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle onion powder, turmeric, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper over the vegetables.
- Turn vegetables with your hands to coat in oil and spices.
- Roast in preheated oven until squash is easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Mix yogurt, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, tahini, and ¼ teaspoon salt together in a bowl using a whisk.
- Divide mixed greens between four resealable food containers; top each with about ¼ of the roasted vegetables. Pour dressing into small containers and place inside the containers.
- Seal containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Tahini is ground sesame seed paste you can find at most grocery stores! It is not only great in this recipe, but it is used when making homemade hummus.
What others are saying
Alex Cabral says:
I used baby kale instead of mixed greens, as well as pecans and raisins. It was perfect! Roasting the vegetables makes a huge difference in the overall taste and texture.
McKenzie C says:
I added cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and carrots to this roasted veggie salad. It was super nourishing! I used a different dressing to make this recipe vegan, but other than that no changes!
Laura Griffin says:
I could smother this lemon tahini dressing on everything! These roasted vegetables are incredible. When they are baking in the oven, the smell is amazing. The butternut squash and peppers are my favorite. Such a good dish.
Sam Dalton says:
Great meal prep idea that's vegetarian. I also really liked the Tahini dressing. Where has it been all my life? This recipe stepped up my meal prep game to a whole new level!
Caro Hodgin says:
i am now a tahini convert! this sauce is sooo delicious. i didn't prep this - just made bowls for dinner for my whole fam. YUM!