Meal Prep: Roasted Veggie and Brown Rice Bowls with Green Goddess Sauce
- Roasted Veggie and Brown Rice Bowls:
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 7 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 7 ounces cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups cold cooked brown rice
- Green Goddess Sauce:
- 1 (packed) cup fresh parsley
- ½ (packed) cup fresh mint
- ½ (packed) cup fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek-style yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange chickpeas in a line down the middle of the prepared baking sheet. Spread red onion into one corner of the prepared sheet. Working counter-clockwise, arrange sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, and cauliflower into remaining quarters of the sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle garlic powder, chili powder, and pepper over the vegetables. Turn vegetables with your hands to coat in oil and spices.
- Roast in preheated oven until sweet potato is easily pierced with a fork, about 30 minutes.
- Divide cooked rice between four resealable food containers; top each with about ¼ of each roasted vegetable.
- Process parsley, mint, dill, garlic, scallions, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor until minced. Stream olive oil into the food processor while processing to emulsify into a dressing; add feta cheese and yogurt and continue to process until smooth. Divide dressing between four small sealable containers and add to containers with rice and vegetables.
- Seal containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Add additional feta cheese to your veggie bowls for a creamy, salty boost! This is the perfect hearty lunch for a chilly fall day!
What others are saying
Geoff Villeneuve says:
Brown rice is best rice!
Kelly Minasi says:
Made it just as directed, my daughter and I loved it. Didn’t have the yogurt and had to use sour cream. Everything was great.
Cayla Allen says:
Making this today but I have a silly question. Do you reheat to eat or enjoy this cold like a salad?
Logan Bushey says:
I used a quinoa/rice mix that I really liked, might add chicken or marinated tofu next time! Green goddess was an absolute stomach bomb, I’d avoid it or sub out the Greek yogurt/lemon combo for some tahini if you have a sensitive system.
Rebecca Barker says:
Husband approved and full of flavor! I added rotisserie chicken to the meal and it was delicious. Definitely added to my rotation!
Katie Hason says:
Just finished my meal prep with this recipe! Amazing! I couldn't resist eating one bowl tonight, ha! Loved it, definitely in my top three faves!
Caro Hodgin says:
soo delish. easy workday lunch.
Greg Jones says:
Really good recipe! Meal prep was exactly what I was looking for, tried it, and loved it. Instead of brown rice I used quinoa.
Sam Akinyele says:
Goddess sauce is good on everything! I add chicken and I have lunch ready all week.