Arugula with Apples, Walnuts, and Blue Cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (packed) cups baby arugula leaves
- 1 apple, spiralized using the flat ribbon blade
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
For best results, we recommend using:
- Beat vinegar, yogurt, maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper together with a whisk in a small bowl. Slowly stream oil into the mixture while beating until emulsified.
- Spread arugula leaves onto a platter. Arrange apple ribbons over the arugula. Sprinkle walnuts and blue cheese over the arugula and apple. Drizzle dressing over the salad to serve.
To add a delightfully warm element to this fresh salad, toast the walnuts right before assembling. The quick and easy way to do this is in a skillet over medium-low heat. Just don't walk away because you know what happens to unattended nuts on the stove? (Spoiler: They burn.)
What others are saying
Melissa Hunter says:
I made this with baby spinach instead of arugula. It was delicious! I also added some gorgonzola in addition to the blue cheese. Yummy!
Alexis Pearson says:
I used yogurt instead of mayonnaise for the dressing, like in the video. Also, instead of spirlalizing the apple, I just sliced it very thin. This was super simple!
frances thomas says:
My husband even loves this salad, although I have do use very mild blue cheese since it's not his favorite. I usually make a similar salad to this, but the spiralized, thin apples and the roasted walnuts were a nice change. Definitely making this again!
Laura Griffin says:
This is a very delicious salad. I love finding new ways to use my spiralizer. Making ribbons with the apples was so cool! Also, very good dressing and the blue cheese crumbles was the icing on the cake.
Katie Hason says:
Such a good salad! The spiralized apples are perfect. I also added spinach with the arugula for my salad. So delicious.