Pulled Pork Sliders
- Pulled Pork:
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Barbeque Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup water, or as needed
- 12 Hawaiian-style sweet buns (or homemade bread)
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Mix paprika, ancho chili powder, brown sugar, and salt together in a small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons in a separate small bowl.
- Place pork roast into a roasting pan with the fattier side on top. Rub mustard onto pork to coat. Sprinkle spice mixture onto the mustard.
- Pour water and apple cider vinegar into the pan. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Cook in preheated oven until pork is very tender, 5 to 6 hours.
- Stir reserved spice mixture with 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, tomato paste, and brown sugar in a small saucepan with a whisk until smooth; place onto low heat. Slowly stream water into the mixture while stirring with a whisk until sauce is smooth; simmer until thick.
- Shred pork with a pair of forks directly in the roasting pan. Pour sauce over shredded pork and stir.
- Pile pork on Hawaiian sweet buns and top with coleslaw to serve.
Eating gluten-free? Skip the buns and serve the tender and juicy pulled pork over greens or even quinoa! You will still enjoy the incredible flavor punch.
What others are saying
Steve Failows says:
Jessica Scott says:
These sliders are perfect for game day. I made them for my husband and his friends and they ate them all up. Delicious!
Katie Hason says:
Mouthwatering pulled pork sliders! Can't believe I pulled this one off! Delicious melt in your mouth flavor. The BBQ sauce is also incredible. This recipe is a must in your kitchen repertoire.
Tal Levitas says:
Caro Hodgin says: