Quick and Easy Shrimp Linguine
- 7 ounces linguine
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 7 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until al dente, 9 to 11 minutes; drain.
- While the linguine cooks, stir 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons parsley, lemon zest, sugar, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl; add shrimp and turn to coat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour contents of the bowl into the skillet and cook until shrimp are pink and beginning to curl, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Toss drained linguine with the shrimp in the skillet. Drizzle remaining tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice over the linguine while tossing; garnish with parsley to serve.
Avoid overcooking shrimp ever again! Here's a way to know when they are perfect. When the shrimp begin to curl they from the letter "C" for "Cooked." When they have cooked too much they tighten up to form an "O" for "Overcooked." Easy to remember!
What others are saying
Jenny Cronin says:
Love how easy this was for an after-work scramble to make dinner weeknight. I upped the cayenne for a little kick and everyone in the fam was obsessed. Will definitely be making again!
Katie Hason says:
Super easy and delicious weeknight meal! Love the hint of spice from the cayenne. Can't wait to make again.
Jessica Scott says:
Absolutely love this shrimp linguine! The lemon, parsley, and cayenne is so flavorful. Also took me less than 30 minutes to make this dish. I added extra shrimp for my boys!
Janet Gainsley says:
This was so simple and perfect for weeknight meal. I used gluten free pasta and loved the garlic/ lemon flavor!
Caro Hodgin says:
yumm, your basic shrimp linguini with a simple lemon and oil sauce. such an easy weeknight dinner that seems so gourmet!