Presto Marinara Sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled whole tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat tomatoes in a sauce pot over medium-high heat until they bubble vigorously for 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, chives, salt, lemon pepper, and water. Stir and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes. Transfer to a blender; blend on high for 30 seconds; add olive oil while blender is running and allow to run for another 15 seconds.
Alternately, place the tomato mixture into a large bowl and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
This sauce is even more delicious garnished with fresh herbs like oregano, chives, and parsley and topped with a bit of Parmesan cheese. It also freezes well, so stock up with tomatoes are in peak season to enjoy fresh sauce all year round!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I made this presto sauce and devoured it! I served it as a soup and topped it with Parm cheese, parsley, and oregano. It was so delicious and flavor, it made me wonder why I hadn't tried it sooner!
Greg Jones says:
This is the only marinara sauce that we use! The flavor is delectable. No need to buy store bought sauce, when this is so easy to make and quick too.