Pressure Cooker Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir coconut milk, oats, carrot, raisins, maple syrup, ginger, salt, orange zest, and nutmeg together in your pressure cooker.
- Seal lid on cooker and cook on High Pressure for 12 minutes.
- Relieve pressure naturally.
- Stir walnuts and vanilla extract into the oatmeal to serve.
For an additional bit of decadence, beat ½ cup coconut cream in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy; about 10 to 15 minutes. Spoon dollops of the whipped cream onto hot oatmeal.
What others are saying
Jenny Cronin says:
Such a fun alternative for our Sunday family breakfasts. Anyway I can sneak in veggies to the kids meals is great! They loved this dish and we will definitely be having again. I did have to sub out the walnuts since we have an allergy, but still found it to be packed with yummy flavors.
Katie Hason says:
A new fave! I had leftover shredded carrots in my fridge so decided to try out this recipe. Absolutely delicious! Also, the maple syrup was the perfect addition, so good.
Jessica Scott says:
I made this delicious carrot cake oatmeal for breakfast and it was wonderful! The walnuts and vanilla extract added at the end is like the icing on the cake.