Slow Cooker Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For best results, we recommend using:
- Stir coconut milk, oats, carrot, raisins, maple syrup, ginger, salt, orange zest, and nutmeg together in the crock of a slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir walnuts and vanilla extract into the oatmeal to serve.
For an additional bit of decadence, beat ½ cup coconut cream in the bowl of a stand mixer until light and fluffy; about 10 to 15 minutes. Spoon dollops of the whipped cream onto hot oatmeal.
What others are saying
Diane Davidson says:
So good. I made a half portion and it turned out great!!!
Greg Jones says:
I love carrot cake so I had to try this oatmeal recipe. It was delicious and tasted really similar to actual carrot cake. I also got my kids to eat it too, which is always a win.
Laura Griffin says:
I loved this carrot cake oatmeal. Perfect breakfast for those cool mornings. Also I tried the Mealthy tip and made whipped cream from coconut cream. So cool!