Slow Cooker Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound andouille sausage
- 1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 large yellow onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup chopped green onion, or to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning.
- Stir chicken, chicken stock, andouille sausage, tomatoes, rice, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining teaspoon Cajun seasoning together in the crock of a slow cooker; add the bay leaf.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir jambalaya to fluff rice; ladle into serving bowls and garnish with green onions to serve.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
I tried this dish and loved the convenience of making it in a slow cooker. It's your classic jambalaya, authentic tasting, and super easy.
Greg Jones says:
Loved this spicy jambalaya recipe. It's a southern New Orleans staple! This was my first time making it in a slow cooker, but it came out nicely. Well done.